Cherry Hill Oral Surgeons
Lanzi Burke Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons should be your first choice if you have a problem with your teeth, jawline, or anything else associated with your mouth. Our Cherry Hill oral surgeons can handle a wide assortment of oral problems. We leave customers feeling brighter, happier, and more self-confident.
If you are having an oral emergency, a long-term problem with your jawline, or suffered a debilitating injury, we can help.
What Is an Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon?
Oral and maxillofacial surgery pertains to diagnosing and treating diseases or injuries that impact the mouth and facial function. There are three main types of surgeries:
- Dental surgery: This focuses on treatment inside the mouth.
- Maxillofacial procedures: These involve the face and jaw.
- Orthognathic surgery: Orthognathic surgeries involve correcting skeletal misalignment or irregularities around the mouth and jaw.
Oral and maxillofacial surgeons recognize that educating patients about their procedures is critical in providing the highest quality patient care.
Many people may think there is little difference between a dentist and an oral surgeon, but that is not the case. Although there is overlap between the two, they are different and perform different procedures.
Although there are procedures that both a general dentist and an oral surgeon can perform, an oral surgeon has additional training. Oral surgeons usually handle more complex procedures.
What Surgical Procedures Are Available?
See one of our Cherry Hill oral surgeons if you have missing teeth, facial irregularities, or wisdom tooth issues. We use the most advanced technology and techniques to help you smile confidently.
Our board-certified surgeons can perform the following procedures:
- Dental implants: We can replace one or more of your missing teeth with quality dental implants that look and feel like real teeth. With a stable foundation securing the teeth, our implants make for an ideal, natural-looking replacement. Our implants are safely placed with titanium screws that heal with bone tissue. We also offer the revolutionary Teeth in a Day procedure in which you may receive new implants in just one visit.
- Jaw and facial surgeries: If you have a facial irregularity from a birth defect or a tragic accident, we can reshape your jaw and improve your bite and appearance. A corrective surgery, including craniofacial implants, can help you improve speech problems, chew food more efficiently, and relieve other symptoms of jaw irregularities.
- Wisdom tooth removal: You may feel concerned about the pain of having wisdom teeth removed, but wisdom teeth can cause crowding, cysts, gum disease, and more. We have removed wisdom teeth from many patients and can extract teeth with as little discomfort as possible.
- Sleep apnea: With obstructive sleep apnea, your tongue blocks your throat and air passage. Surgery may correct the problem and may include expanding the airway.
- TMJ surgery: The TMJ is one of the most complicated joints in the body. When healthy, the joint allows a person to eat, talk, and swallow without pain. Any movement can be excruciating when the joint becomes diseased or damaged. Different types of TMJ surgery can correct this problem.
Our surgical team performs additional treatments, and we accept most major insurance plans.
What Will Happen During My First Visit?
Our surgical team is well trained and guarantees to make your first and subsequent visits pleasant. During your initial visit, our staff will greet you and get you to see one of our doctors as soon as possible.
You will meet with one of our friendly and well-trained doctors during your initial consultation. They will review your medical history and any X-rays you brought with you. They will examine your entire mouth with a particular focus on the area of concern that initiated your visit with us.
We understand your time is important to you, so we will make your visit as quick as possible. To assist us in that goal, there are several items that you should bring with you that will help expedite your visit. Those items include:
- Photo ID.
- Copies of your medical and dental insurance cards.
- Referral from your general dentist.
- Insurance referral form.
When you arrive, you should also prepare a list of medications you are currently taking and any drug allergies. Finally, it will help the doctors if they have a better idea about what you might be experiencing in your mouth. Therefore, your X-rays should be current. Our doctors are only interested in those scans taken within the past year. If the X-rays you have are outdated, we will take new ones during your initial visit.
Before scheduling an appointment with us, you must fill out an online Patient Registration Form. Once complete, send us your information. Protecting your personal information is of utmost priority, and we take every precaution to ensure your private data is secured.
Cherry Hill Oral Surgeons at Lanzi Burke Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons Treat Different Types of Oral Emergencies
If you are facing a dental emergency or suffering any other debilitating injury to your mouth or jaw, meet with us today. One of our Cherry Hill oral surgeons at Lanzi Burke Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons can help. We will work with you to help you achieve your desired results. Call us at 856-582-4222 or complete our online form to schedule a free consultation and to learn more today. We are located in Washington Township, Haddonfield, and Woolwich Township, New Jersey, and we are dedicated to helping patients throughout the South Jersey area.
15 E Euclid Avenue
Haddonfield, NJ 08033
Phone: (856) 795-4600 (press the appropriate number)
- Front Desk (to make an appointment)
- Implant Coordinator
- Virtua, Jefferson and South Jersey Surgical Center Surgical Scheduler
- Cooper Surgery Scheduler
- Office Surgery/Insurance Verification Scheduler
Use the form below to email this office.
All fields are required.