What to Expect
Your First Visit to Lanzi Burke Oral Surgeons
Your initial appointment will consist of a consultation in which the doctors will review your medical history, obtain any necessary tests such as X-rays and examine your mouth. They will then explain your diagnosis and review your treatment options. Generally, surgery is not performed the day of your consultation visit.
We value your time and will do all we can to make your visit as efficient as possible. Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your consultation:
- Insurance Cards, both medical and dental
- A government issued form of ID
- Your surgical referral slip from your general dentist
- Any recent X-rays. In order to provide accurate diagnosis and treatment, all X-rays should be less than 1 year old. If your X-ray is older we can take a new one during your consultation visit
- A list of medications you are presently taking
- A list of drug allergies
- Your insurance referral form.
Our doctors are considered medical specialists and have the ability to use your medical insurance for many procedures, allowing you to save your limited dental coverage. To do so, many insurances will require a referral from your primary care physician. Obtaining this in advance of your consultation visit will greatly expedite this visit.
All patients under the age of 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.