Collingswood Oral Surgeons
If you are suffering from missing teeth, facial irregularities, or wisdom tooth problems and are seeking an experienced oral surgeon in Collingswood, Lanzi Burke Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons is your best choice. We serve residents of Collingswood from our convenient Haddonfield office. We use the most advanced technology and latest techniques to help you smile confidently and eat the foods you love again.
Our board-certified physicians specialize in several procedures for Collingswood residents, including the following:
- Dental implants: We can replace one or more of your missing teeth with quality implants that both look and feel just like actual teeth. With a stable foundation securing the teeth in place, our implants make for an ideal, natural-looking replacement. Our implants are safely placed with titanium screws that effectively heal with bone tissue. We can now offer the revolutionary Teeth in a Day procedure in which you will receive your new implants in one visit.
- Jaw and facial surgeries: If you are struggling with a facial irregularity from a birth defect or an accident, our surgeons can reshape your jaw and improve both your bite and appearance. A corrective surgery can help you improve speech problems, chew food more easily, and relieve other symptoms of jaw irregularities.
- Wisdom tooth removal: It is natural to be concerned about the potential pain of having wisdom teeth removed. However, if wisdom teeth take up abnormal space, they can cause crowding, cysts, and gum disease. Our physicians have removed wisdom teeth for hundreds of patients, and we are able to extract teeth with as little discomfort as possible.
- Sleep apnea: When you suffer from obstructive sleep apnea, your tongue blocks your throat and the passage of air. Surgery will correct the problem through multiple methods, including expanding the airway passage.
- TMJ surgery: The temporomandibular joint (TMJ) is one of the most complicated joints in the body and when healthy allows a person to eat, talk, and swallow without pain. When it becomes diseased or damaged, any movement can be painful. There are different types of procedures that can correct this problem, allowing you to live pain-free.
Our oral surgeons perform additional treatments, and we accept most major insurance plans, including Medicare.
What can I Expect on My First Visit?
When you schedule your first appointment at Lanzi Burke Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons and visit our Haddonfield office, you can expect an initial consultation with one of our friendly and well-trained doctors. They will review your medical history and any X-rays you brought with you on your visit. They will conduct an examination of your mouth, focusing on the problem you are having.
We will try to get you in and out of our office as quickly as we can because we know how valuable your time is to you. To expediate your visit, there are several items you can bring, such as the following:
- Photo ID
- Copies of your medical and dental insurance cards
- Referral from your general dentist
- Insurance referral form
You should also be prepared to list any medications you are currently taking as well as any drug allergies you have. Finally, if you have any X-rays to show to the doctor, they should be recent, meaning that they were taken within the year. Do not worry if you do not have an X-ray that fits the criteria, as we can take a new X-ray at our center.
Before you schedule an appointment, you need to fill out an online Patient Registration Form. Once you complete this form, be sure to press the Complete and Send button at the bottom to automatically send us your information. Rest assured that protecting your private information is of utmost priority for us, and we take every precaution to ensure that your private data is protected.
What Happens if I Require Surgery?
After your initial consultation with one of our doctors, they will recommend several options to resolve your situation, including surgery. If surgery is recommended, you do not need to worry; our helpful staff will guide you through each step of the process.
Our staff will help schedule the time and date for your surgery, and from there they will work with you to plan any preliminary tests or screenings that you require. Our staff will also let you know about what you need to do to prepare for surgery, including providing a list of instructions. Those instructions will state that:
- You cannot eat or drink anything for eight hours prior to surgery.
- You should not smoke for 12 hours prior to surgery, although you should give it up entirely.
- A responsible adult should accompany you to the office, remain there during the procedure, and drive you home afterwards.
- You should not drive your vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours after any surgery that involved anesthesia.
- When you come in for surgery, you should wear loose fitting clothing, including sleeves that can be rolled up past the elbow. Women should wear low-heeled shoes with closed toe, and no one should come in wearing flip-flops or sandals.
- You should remove all contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures prior to surgery.
- Women should refrain from wearing lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of the surgery.
- If you are not feeling well and suffering from symptoms such as a cold, sore throat, stomach, or bowel disturbance, you should notify the office right away.
- If you take oral medications, you should check with your prescribing physician, primary care physician, or our office and doctors prior to your surgical date for instructions.
Our staff will walk you through the instructions if you have any questions. They will also provide directions that are specific to the type of surgery you will be having. They will tell you what you need to do after your surgery and schedule any follow-up appointments that might be necessary.
Collingswood Oral Surgeons at Lanzi Burke Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons Will Get Your Smile Back
If you are experiencing dental, jaw, or facial problems, the Collingswood oral surgeons at Lanzi Burke Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons are available to give you the care you need. We have helped hundreds of people restore their smile and confidence again, and we can do it for you too! Call us today at 856-582-4222 or contact us online to make an appointment or schedule a free consultation. With offices in Washington Township, Haddonfield, and Woolwich Township, New Jersey, we are dedicated to helping patients throughout South Jersey.
15 E Euclid Avenue
Haddonfield, NJ 08033
Phone: (856) 795-4600 (press the appropriate number)
- Front Desk (to make an appointment)
- Implant Coordinator
- Virtua, Jefferson and South Jersey Surgical Center Surgical Scheduler
- Cooper Surgery Scheduler
- Office Surgery/Insurance Verification Scheduler
Use the form below to email this office.
All fields are required.