Haddon Heights NJ Oral Surgeons
Our board-certified oral surgeons at Lanzi Burke Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons help Haddon Heights, New Jersey residents suffering from mouth, jaw, and facial conditions.
Oral and maxillofacial surgery treats various conditions affecting the mouth, jaw, sinus cavities, and facial areas. Surgical intervention can help prevent severe health problems, restore function, and improve overall health. Our Haddon Heights oral surgeons perform several procedures, including the following:
- TMJ surgery: Many patients experience damage to the temporomandibular joint (TMJ), the hinged socket at the back of the jaw, due to excessive teeth grinding or clenching, dislocation, arthritis, stress, structural problems, trauma, and pressure, reducing its ability to function correctly.
- Craniofacial implant surgery: Severe trauma to the head and facial region can be caused by congenital birth defects, severe malignant diseases, car accidents, or burns requiring craniofacial surgery to reconstruct the patient’s bone structure and restore function.
- Dental implants: Dental implants are an excellent option for patients with broken or missing teeth. Surgically embedded into the jawbone, dental implants offer a semi-permanent solution that functions like natural teeth and does not require restricted foods or removal at night.
- Orthognathic surgery: Abnormalities of the teeth, jaw, or facial bones due to congenital defects or trauma affect patients’ ability to speak, chew, eat, or sleep and may require orthognathic surgery.
- Wisdom teeth extraction: Wisdom tooth extraction is one of the most common oral surgeries. Wisdom teeth can be painful and create oral problems such as overcrowding, gum disease, teeth shifting, and cysts if impacted or poorly aligned.
- Obstructive sleep apnea surgery: Another common condition, obstructive sleep apnea (OSA), causes airflow to cease during sleep, depriving the brain of oxygen. In patients with OSA, the tongue is sucked into the back of the throat during sleep, cutting off the airway repeatedly during sleep. Sufferers are awakened frequently, typically gasping for breath. OSA can lead to serious health conditions, including high blood pressure. Corrective surgery to reduce or eliminate OSA includes widening the airway, unblocking nasal passages, repositioning the jaw, or removing all or part of the uvula.
- Teeth in a Day procedure: We also offer our Teeth in A Day procedure, which provides tooth replacements for patients with broken or missing teeth in only one appointment.
What Should I Expect During My Initial Consultation?
You will meet with an oral surgeon to review your dental and medical records, X-rays from your referring dentist, and test results. Your surgeon will examine the problem area and recommend appropriate treatment options. Bring your identification, insurance information, and a list of your current medications and allergies.
The prospect of oral surgery often causes anxiety, and our surgeons and staff will make every effort to ensure your visits are as comfortable and pain-free as possible.
Haddon Heights Oral Surgeons at Lanzi Burke Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons Treat Problematic and Painful Mouth, Jaw, and Facial Conditions
If you are experiencing painful mouth, jaw, or facial conditions, our Haddon Heights oral surgeons at Lanzi Burke Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons can help. Call us at 856-582-4222 or contact us online to schedule an initial consultation. Located in Washington Township, Haddonfield, and Woolwich Township, New Jersey, we proudly care for patients in South Jersey.
15 E Euclid Avenue
Haddonfield, NJ 08033
Phone: (856) 795-4600 (press the appropriate number)
- Front Desk (to make an appointment)
- Implant Coordinator
- Virtua, Jefferson and South Jersey Surgical Center Surgical Scheduler
- Cooper Surgery Scheduler
- Office Surgery/Insurance Verification Scheduler
Use the form below to email this office.
All fields are required.