The board-certified oral surgeons at Lanzi Burke Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons provide corrective surgical solutions to Medford Township residents.
A wide range of painful mouth, jaw, sinus, and facial conditions can be corrected with oral and maxillofacial surgery to restore proper function and prevent more severe health problems. Many common conditions and treatments include:
- Craniofacial implant surgery: Head and facial trauma caused by severe malignant diseases, congenital birth defects, car accidents, burns, and more may require reconstructive craniofacial surgery to restore function.
- Dental implants: Dental implants offer patients with missing or broken teeth a semi-permanent replacement that function like natural teeth. Surgically embedded into the jawbone, dental implants are maintained like natural teeth, have no restricted foods, require nightly removal, and are an excellent option for traditional dentures.
- Obstructive sleep apnea: A common condition, obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) disrupts airflow during sleep by repeatedly causing the tongue to be sucked into the back of the throat during sleep, cutting off the airway and dangerously restricting oxygen to the brain. Sufferers frequently awaken, gasping for air. OSA can lead to other serious health conditions, including cardiovascular problems, high blood pressure, and stroke. Surgeries to treat OSA include widening the airway, unblocking nasal passages, repositioning the jaw, or removing all or part of the uvula.
- Orthognathic surgery: Trauma and congenital abnormalities to the teeth, jaw, or facial bones can diminish the ability to speak, eat, chew, or sleep and require orthognathic surgery.
- TMJ disorders: Damage to the temporomandibular joint (TMJ), the hinged socket at the back of the jaw, is one of the most common conditions oral surgeons treat. Damage occurs through excessive grinding or clenching of the teeth, structural problems, trauma, dislocation, arthritis, stress, and pressure that affects joint function and causes pain.
- Wisdom teeth extraction: Wisdom teeth removal is another commonly performed surgery. Wisdom teeth are unnecessary but emerge in the late teens or early 20s and often cause painful problems in the mouth, especially if impacted or poorly aligned with other teeth.
Additionally, we offer Teeth in A Day, an exclusive service to replace broken or missing teeth with dental implants in only one appointment.
What Happens During My Initial Consultation?
The initial consultation is the critical first step toward correcting your oral or facial condition. During the appointment, your oral surgeon will review your dental records, X-rays, dentist referrals, medical history, and test results, followed by an examination and a discussion of treatment options. Please arrive early to your initial appointment to allow time to fill out information forms, and remember to bring your personal identification, insurance information, and a list of allergies and current medications.
At Lanzi Burke Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons, we understand that the prospect of surgery causes anxiety in many patients, and the entire staff strives to make all of your appointments and treatment as comfortable and pain-free as possible. Our team uses the latest cutting-edge technology and surgical techniques to provide unparalleled quality of care.
Medford Oral Surgeons at Lanzi Burke Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons Offer Solutions to Painful Oral and Facial Conditions
Our Medford oral surgeons at Lanzi Burke Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons alleviate pain and improve patients’ quality of life and appearance. If you suffer from a painful mouth, jaw, or facial condition, call 856-582-4222 or contact us online to schedule an initial consultation. Located in Washington Township, Haddonfield, and Woolwich Township, New Jersey, we serve patients in South Jersey.