Woodstown New Jersey Oral Surgeons
Lanzi Burke Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons has been treating patients around South Jersey for decades, including the residents of Woodstown, New Jersey. Our practice provides top quality care to every patient. We understand that the idea of oral surgery can be overwhelming and stressful, so we strive to communicate effectively with our patients from start to finish.
What Problems Require the Care of an Oral Surgeon?
It is not uncommon for patients to exhibit symptoms that initially bring them to a dentist but end up having issues that require the more specific care of an oral surgeon. Some common problems that require the care of an oral surgeon include:
- Wisdom teeth extraction: The four wisdom teeth are typically the last to erupt and are often misaligned in the mouth. This can lead to several issues, such as overcrowding, cysts, infections, and gum disease. Wisdom teeth removal is routinely performed to resolve these problems.
- Orthognathic surgery: Also known as jaw surgery, orthognathic surgery can help patients who were born with an irregular bite or who suffered jaw damage in an accident. Orthognathic surgery can also improve a patient’s oral health, physical appearance, and daily functions of chewing and eating.
- Obstructive sleep apnea: Snoring, waking up throughout sleep cycles, and daytime drowsiness are well-known consequences of obstructive sleep apnea (OSA). Untreated OSA can be much more serious. OSA has been linked to heart disease, high blood pressure, stroke, dangerous reactions to medications, and drowsiness while driving. We provide surgical treatment for patients struggling with severe OSA.
- TMJ disorders: There are a host of problems related to the complex temporomandibular joint (TMJ), all of which are painful and inconvenient for patients. While teeth grinding is a common cause of TMJ pain, structural issues, jaw dislocation, arthritis, stress, and jaw disease can all lead to TMJ disorders. We offer several types of TMJ surgery that provide relief for patients, including arthroscopy/arthrocentesis and joint restructuring.
- Dental Implants: We provide several dental implants options, depending on the patient’s individual needs. Dental implants may involve a dental crown, dental bridge, partial, or complete denture. We offer certain patients the option for temporary but fully functional teeth at their first appointment with the Teeth in a Day procedure.
Preparing for Your Initial Consultation
Patients should bring identification, insurance cards, referrals, and any X-rays from their dentist to their initial consultation. During the initial consultation, an oral surgeon will take time to thoroughly review your medical history. Our surgeons make sure that they have a full understanding of their patients’ medical history before performing any type of procedure, including allergies, past or ongoing illnesses, prior surgeries, and current medications.
After the examination, your surgeon will explain your diagnosis and discuss the best possible treatment options. If surgery is the best option to effectively treat your oral condition, your surgeon will discuss the procedure, surgical instructions, and aftercare expectations.
We keep exceptional patient care and comfort at the core of our practice. If you need a dedicated and experienced Woodstown oral surgeon, come visit our office. We provide top quality oral surgical care using cutting edge technology and state-of-the-art equipment. Our team understands that many patients are apprehensive about visiting an oral surgeon, so we strive to make our patients feel as comfortable as possible.
Woodstown Oral Surgeons at Lanzi Burke Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons Provide a Variety of Safe Surgical Treatments
Woodstown residents dealing with problems in the mouth, jaw, or facial areas need a reliable surgical team. Our Woodstown oral surgeons at Lanzi Burke Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons can help bring back your smile and joy. Call us at 856-582-4222 or contact us online to schedule an initial consultation. Located in Washington Township, Haddonfield, and Woolwich Township, New Jersey, we serve patients throughout South Jersey.